4 Tips To Revamp Your Blog

Monday 27 June 2016

Even I get bored of my blog every now and then, sometimes a change is majorly needed even if it is just a slight revamp. Sometimes you want to go all out and completely refresh everything, but if that isn't that case I thought I'd share 4 tips to just revamp and spruce up your blog. Think of it as a little spring clean if you want, I can guarantee you'll feel a lot better after doing some of these. Also don't ask me why I didn't do 5, I know that probably would have made more sense but hey ho I'm a fan of even numbers, even the volume has to be even around me. (Yes I'm one of THOSE people)




1. Change your Layout

The layout of a blog is so so so important, when checking out someones site it's the first thing you see. Before you even get to the writing or the photography you'll notice the layout, and if it isn't clean or simple to navigate it's likely people will click straight off and won't even start reading. Your layout makes or breaks it and if it's messy people won't even give you a chance. I'm not saying you need to spend hundreds on something super fancy, there are tons of cheap premade and beautiful layouts out there just calling your name.

2. Updating your pictures and info

This is one I often forget to do, but when I eventually sort it out I feel so much better and notice my blog looks it too. Make sure all of your pictures are up to date, especially your sidebar photo. Don't forget to always update your info or 'about me' section every now and then too, as time goes on you'll change and so will your life and even your blog. It's only human nature, so having old or out of date information isn't the best of ideas. People want to know who you are and what you look like now, not say 6 or 7 months ago.

3. Change your photography style

Now this one isn't something you have to do, it's more just an option if you're bored of your blog and want a change. To switch things up try using new angles or props or editing your photos a different way. The littlest things can sometimes make a big difference and you never know, you might like your new style more if you give it a chance! I've recently discovered my love for flatlay photos which is completely new territory to me, but it changes the look and feel of my blog so much and is great for a revamp.

4. Just try something new!

This kinda leads on from the last one but I'm talking about posts in general this time. Try blogging about something you wouldn't blog about and swim in different waters. It's scary trust me I know, I've been there, but you may find that you're really into a new style or theme of posts, or a completely new category for that matter! When I started this blog I never would have imagined it would turn as lifestyle based as it is, or that I'd blog about fashion and books, but here we are a few years down the line and I couldn't be happier with where this is all going and I'm so glad I took the chance and tried something new out.

What do you guys do when you're getting a little bored of how your blog looks/feels? I know there's tons more little things you can do just to spruce it up but these are just my personal favourites. Also I don't mean to be a bit of a follower whore here but I'm getting pretty close to my end of June goal of 1,000 bloglovin followers! I know I won't get there by the end of the month but if you want to give me a little follow then you can do that HERE. I follow back and I'm pretty active when it comes to commenting and reading posts on my feed.

Isabelle
xxx



15 comments

  1. I found these tips very useful! Thanks for sharing :) xo

    www.57-days.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips, I've recently changed my blog layout and I think it looks so much better now and it does inspire me to write more x

    http://chantal-elizabeth.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post. I always forget to change certain aspect of my layout. I will have to have a re-think now! x
    Louise | helloteddy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always try and change up my header or theme colours too it makes a huge difference

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips beautiful! Loving your blog at the moment, such amazing content and gorgeous layout too. So glad that you're back posting regularly!

    Mollie Quirk xxx - www.theperksofmolliequirk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mollie, means a lot babe! xx

      Delete
  6. These are great tips! I always like to change my blog layout around too to keep things fresh and interesting.
    sammy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, changing my layout always keeps me motivated xx

      Delete
  7. great tips girl!

    www.prettyinleather.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your tips :) updating information and pictures is always the best way for me!xo

    www.studentpaperie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete