Stop Shaming Sadness

Thursday 16 June 2016

We all get sad sometimes, it's human nature, so why do we shame sadness? Being down sucks, it really does and when our mood is in the dumps we tend to keep it to ourselves due to the fear of what others will say. "Just get over it?", "don't be so silly!", "man the hell up". Those are all very common comments I get when I'm sad and I tell someone about it, I'm sure quite a few of you have heard similar reactions and I'm sorry but why? What's wrong with being sad every now and then? There's nothing wrong with it but don't let it take over your life, use your misery to your advantage. Okay I bet most of you are wondering what the hell I'm rambling on about, but let me explain.




Throw your sadness back in its face and laugh, yeah you may be down and your head cloudy but that's alright. Lately my depression has been hitting back hard, and instead of feeling sorry for myself I'm using it. Using the depression to write more, letting my thoughts onto paper and rambling about anything and everything. I'm using it to inspire me, to help my creativity. Honestly it works! If you're musician use it to help you write your songs, just use it. Most importantly use it to better yourself. I've found my depression makes me kinder, more understanding, even wiser. It makes me a better person. I want to be there for others, to help them, especially if they're going through something similar to me that I can really truly understand. So yeah, why do we shame sadness? It's good to be sad sometimes and there's nothing we can do about it so we might as well use it to our advantage the best we can. If it helps you grow as a person then why the hell not? If you use it right it helps you understand who you really are, what you want out of your life, and when you're finally happy it makes those moments so much more special.

These were just a few random thoughts I had earlier and wanted to let out. I hope it made some sense and you can pick something up from it, I'm all about those deep mind provoking posts haha!

Isabelle
xxx

18 comments

  1. Beautifully written post! Everything about this is so true. x
    Morgan | www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so well written I loved it - I suffer with mild depression and anxiety and I can't agree more. I try and use it to help me write blog posts, take photos and overall I feel much more understanding towards others!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this post!!

    www.justgeorgiarose.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. such beautiful writing! Love that you turn something seemingly negative/ bad into something completely opposite. very inspiring

    http://www.thewhimsicalwildling.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is honestly such a lovely post and piece of writing!! Very inspiring. I can relate. My depression has definitely made me less judgemental, a kinder and more understanding person. I really strive to help others and make them feel better, because I know how horrible it feels to be at the lowest of the lows xx

    Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good, instead of letting it take over you it's always good to mould it into something positive xx

      Delete
  6. so true--we aren't allowing ourselves to really feel our feelings. that pent up sadness or even anger can lead to more harm in the long run

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Keeping your feelings in and ignoring them will only make everything so much worse

      Delete
  7. Beautiful post, Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally agree! We should concentrate on the positives

    Happy Friday and Take Care Doll! Kisses,
    BLOG | Taislany

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was such a great read, well said.

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete