Giorgio Armani Designer Lift Foundation Review & Comparison

Wednesday 22 June 2016

Why I haven't done more reviews lately I honestly have no clue, I guess the whole idea of writing them is quite daunting to me because I'm not quite sure how. All these lifestyle posts are good and easy because it just comes naturally to me, however no matter how much I love makeup and books I always find writing reviews so much more difficult! Today I thought I'd mix all the deep posts up with a review (got to practise somehow, right) of my most recent foundation purchase. I've used 2 Giorgio Armani foundations before, this being the second one I've tried. It may be a high end product and far from cheap, but boy is it worth the money. I first got this foundation after trying the 'Luminous Silk' one (eventually I will review that too), I was reluctant to spend the money at first considering I'm more on the poorer side of life, and the last thing I want to do is spend excessive amounts of money on a foundation I don't even like! However after taking the plunge I did not regret it one bit, in fact investing in Giorgio Armani foundations is probably the best risk I've ever taken.

(Photo credit to Yasmine Summan who took these photos for me)


"Full coverage in a featherlight texture. Comfort, sensory delight and hold. Designer Lift creates the perfect balance. The Armani glow reaches its height: the skin is cloaked in a matte and luminous veil. The stretch texture, rich in active ingredients, enhances the youthfulness of the face. Just like in couture, the difference is in the details. Designer Lift’s added extra is an unusual hint of Prussian blue pearliser. A bold addition that brings a new freshness to the complexion. The best of Giorgio Armani Microfil™ technology is combined. Smooth and voluptuous, Designer lift gently embraces the face. Sensory pleasure and absolute comfort, for hours… A perfect second-skin sensation."

That's what this foundation claims, and to be honest I have to say it pretty much matches the description. When it comes to the coverage I would say you can have up to full coverage, but personally I don't think it looks it's best at full, medium is as far as I would go or it tends to look a little cakey. If you want an Armani foundation that's good for full coverage I would lean towards Luminous Silk. This comes with a matte finish so if you're looking for something dewy then this isn't for you, but personally I prefer more of a matte finish to anything else so this is perfect.


This foundation has lasted me a lot longer than my Luminous Silk one which only lasted me round 2 months, but I won't be repurchasing it again. I find this foundation tends to break down around my nose and t-zone, even when using primer and powder after a few hours of wear and that's where I need it to stay the most. If you want more of a medium coverage and you have dry skin then I'd highly recommend this, however I don't find it does much for my super oily skin so I'll be going back to Luminous Silk after I've finished this bottle. I love the creamy texture of Giorgio Armani foundations as it makes them heavenly to blend, both of these foundations blend like a dream due to the lovely formulas, and they also smell gorgeous! It has an SPF of 20 unlike Luminous Silk which has no SPF at all, so that could be the difference between you choosing which one you want to buy.

Have you ever used a Giorgio Armani Foundation? What's your favourite? Be sure to let me know down in the comments, this is a really great foundation but I just don't think it's suited to my skin type personally so I'm sticking with Luminous Silk as hands down my favourite. If you have any slightly cheaper recommendations then be sure to let me know, I'm not sure my purse can deal with how expensive these are, no matter how much I love them! If you want to see any more of my reviews or lifestyle posts then click HERE to follow me on bloglovin, I'm trying to get to 900 followers so any help would be super appreciated.

Isabelle
xxx

38 comments

  1. I have never tried any Giorgio Armani foundations and to be honest I don't think that I ever will as they are quite expensive!

    Sarah | What Sarah Writes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pricey but they are completely worth it!

      Delete
  2. It sounds really nice! Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this foundation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never tried Armani make up because of the price point, but maybe I should ask for a sample next time and see if it works as well on me as it did for you!

    xo, alice / T Y P E N U

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try this out!

    Parie x
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looked awesome at first, but It's too bad that it messed up around the nose. Thanks for the honest review!

    Adi xx
    www.fancycorrectitude.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Georgio Armani is so luxurious to me! I would love to try this out or their Luminous Silk foundation. Such a shame that it messes up around the nose. Maybe it would work for my normal skin but the price tag though...

    xx Bash |   go say   H E Y   B A S H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might, it's expensive but so worth it and the bottle lasts quite a long time. You could always get a sample or get the foundation and just use it for an evening look and things like that rather than for every day use xx

      Delete
  8. Ah, sorry to hear it's been breaking down around your nose/t-zone, I had the same problem with a foundation by Clinique. I also have to be careful with foundations around the same areas, and am currently loving Lancome's Teint Miracle - it's like a second skin! :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a honest review! I'm not so sure I would give it a try, that price tag!!
    a life of a charlotte
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Luminous Silk foundation but was wanting to try this for a change however I suffer with oily skin so now think I will stick with my trusty luminous silk :) Thanks for a great review lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd probably recommend sticking with Luminous Silk, my skin is so oily and this one really doesn't work too well with that xxx

      Delete
  11. I've never tried any Giorgio Armani foundations but I would love to try Luminous Silk as I've heard such good things about it! Sounds like we have quite similar skin types too so I think the Luminous Silk would be better for me!
    Amy xx
    www.callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worth getting a sample and trying! xx

      http://www.taintedblues.co.uk/

      Delete
  12. It looks so pretty and luxurious, I'd love to try a high end product such as this at some point! I think I'd just keep it on my dressing table and try and treasure it forever haha xD you have captured it beautifully and your blog is lovely! :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's what I did at first haha! Thank you so much, and I already follow you on bloglovin! :) x

      Delete
  13. Thanks for sharing your review. Beauty Reviews are a bit daunting for me too because I mostly do fashion posts. Would you find that either of these foundations work for sensitive skin? I'm always skeptical to try new ones out because of this. Thanks for sharing and I thought you did a great job with your beauty review!

    xoxo
    Rina
    http://www.andshedressed.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i've always wanted to do fashion posts but i find them so scary haha! I have sensitive skin and they're both fine! Thank you lovely :)

      Delete
  14. Shame that it isn't perfect for being such an expensive product, but gret that you could get some use from it so it wasn't a complete waste of money. I'm scared to splurge on anything expensive in case it doesn't work for me, so I tend to stick with the same products until they are discontinued. I wear a BB creaam every day and it took me a few days to work up the courage to try another brand after my usual was sold out and unavailable!


    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I understand that! I've only just worked up the courage to try new things, normally I stick with the same product 24/7

      Delete
  15. I've seen Victoria from InTheFrow mention the Giorgio Armani foundation numerous times and after hearing how well it's worked for you I think I need to invest myself to see what all the hypes about! ;) Great post x


    Jenny | Krystel Couture + Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh no what a shame! It's always disappointing when an high end foundation lets us down xx

    Gemma ♡ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww, shame that this didn't work for you, I hate it when that happens. I have Luminous Silk and Armani Glow foundations in my list to purchase, problem is I need to get colour matched and the nearest Sephora is 3 hours drive away from me. :-(

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh gosh that sucks :( I live about 2 hours from the nearest place I could buy this but luckily while I was visiting a friend she lived near a store so!

      Delete
  18. I have never tried a Giorgio Armani foundation before but I really want to! I use a hell of a lot of drugstore foundations which, whilst they are nice enough, I feel like I should try a high end foundation to see if you really do get what you pay for. The Luminous Silk Foundation sounds more up my street as I get an oily T-Zone too. x
    Louise | helloteddy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i normally go for drugstore foundations but luminous silk is just something else! x

      Delete