Why Do We Blog?

Friday 6 February 2015

We all blog for different reasons, whether you actually know the reason you blog doesn't even matter, because at the end of the day it has a TON of different perks. I just thought I'd share with you all some of the reasons why I personally blog (apart from the fact that I love writing obviously, but that's a no brainer there).



1. It gives you somewhere you can be you.

A persons blog is their own space where they can be whoever they want to, and for most of us it's a place where we can be us, where we can say what we want, talk about whatever we like, and just be ourselves. I find it hard to communicate in reality, I often find myself being another person, someone who I don't even recognise, and my blog's somewhere I can get away from that. I'm a lot more myself on this website than I am anywhere else, yay for being shy I suppose.


2. You can learn a lot about a lot.

By this I mean, well, exactly what I said. The more you write the more you find that your mind opens to totally different things. You can learn more about beauty, photography, baking, computers, even life. You can learn about absolutely anything just by reading and writing on your own blog and others, and since when has learning ever been a bad thing?


3. Boosts your confidence

A lot of people don't believe me when I say this, but it really does. Don't ask me how because I honestly have no clue. I suppose it links in with the whole 'being yourself' thing. The more you be you, the more you'll get used to it, and the more confidence you'll gain. It's not going to happen overnight, it's such a slow process, but in the long run surely it'd be worth it...


4. Sparks new interests

I started blogging because I liked writing, that was it. Since I've developed huge interests in photography, designing, even cooking. When I first started I had no clue that any of this would happen, I didn't start it to gain interests, it just happened, and now I'm so glad I mustered up the courage and made this little site.


5. Let's you be part of a community

Community is always a good thing, it helps you feel like you're a part of something, and as humans that's what we need. I never even expected to be part of a community with this site when I uploaded my first post, I knew there was a Youtube community but I never really thought about a blogger one. However after using twitter for blog related things more I've found this huge community that I'm so glad exists. It's so lovely and it really does help with a lot of the above things too.

Why do you guys blog? Does anyone blog for similar reasons or are yours completely different? I love blogging and I'd never change it for the world, what about you?

Isabelle
xxx

1 comment

  1. I love the community element of blogging. It really makes me feel more connected with the people across the globe. I blog because I love writing and I can get my voice and opinions heard, and I know that I've improved in my craft since I've started blogging! Really interesting post!

    Jemima x
    anotherrantingreader.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete