Changing Your Life

Wednesday 4 February 2015

I've recently discovered Pinterest, it took me a while to get into it but I think I'm slowly grasping the basic concept, however I still don't understand how people spend hours on it! I love the idea of being able to pin anything and everything for inspiration, especially as if you've followed my blog for a while you'll know that I struggle with motivation and inspiration hugely.


I came across this quote recently and I think i've fallen a tad in love and I couldn't agree with it more.

"It only takes one person to change your life. You."

I know it's easy to fall into the trap that you need someone else to help you change your life, however that isn't true at all. You are the one person who can influence yourself no matter what. Yes I believe that other people can give you a helping hand, but people shouldn't get the mindset that you NEED someone else, because you don't.

If you believe in your own actions and your own life then that's all you need to achieve anything. It only takes one person and you can't keep thinking that it's impossible to do by yourself. People are unreliable and that's not me being negative based on past experiences or any pettiness like that, it's a fact. 

No matter how much you know someone you can still never truly know them, the only person you can really know is yourself, so rely on yourself. Everyone has times where they're their own enemy, and that's just life, but you need to accept that and be positive, and don't put all your hope on happiness on another person, you don't want to be disappointed. Take the step and believe in yourself. Change your own life.

I may try to do posts like this at least once a week, these quotes inspire me so much and I really enjoy reading these pictures and thinking about the theories behind them. What do you think of this? I like how everyone's theories are different and how different people can come up with different opinions based around them, it's super interesting, so leave me a comment down below letting me know, I'd love to read them.

Isabelle
xxx

4 comments

  1. This is a really great quote! And I understand your confusion as to how people spend hours on Pinterest. I personally feel that would be a waste of time, because how many people actually DO the things they pin? Not very many. I only ever get on Pinterest to look through motivational quotes, and occasionally look for recipes, haha.
    xx
    Jenny // Mish Mosh Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I just don't see the hype, and yeah that's pretty much all I use it for! xx

      Delete
  2. I love this quote so much. It took me such a long time to realise that I can't depend on someone else for happiness. You have to make your own sunshine!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete