Online Alter Egos

Tuesday 3 February 2015

How different are us bloggers and youtubers online to offline? Do you have a blogging alter ego?

Whether you mean to or not, I think we all seem to be a slightly different person on the internet. It's something we can't help. I mean it's a pretty easy thing to do. For example I come across a lot more confident and chatty online, whereas in person I'm shy, quiet, I keep myself to myself and I'm just generally a different person.


Obviously there's a huge difference to accidentally appearing different and purposely appearing different, some people make up their own online alter egos for numerous reasons, and I don't see anything wrong with it. I've heard people say that it can make you a 'fake' or a 'liar', but I'd disagree. Maybe they do it because they don't like who they are and it gives them a chance to be the person they want to be, and what's so bad about that? As long as they're not doing it for the wrong reasons I see no harm in it at all.

Do any of you have an online alter ego, or notice yourself coming across completely differently? What are your opinions on alter egos? I'd love to know what other people think on this topic, so comment down below!

Isabelle
xxx


3 comments

  1. thank you! Yeah I agree, and a lot can be edited out with youtubers. I know an awful lot who are more rude in person than they come across in their videos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see what you mean with this, I happily chat to anyone on blogs/Twitter but perhaps am a bit more reserved in person. I also think people like to appear happier/positive on their blogs as they see writing posts as an outlet :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete