The 'Dream Life'

Wednesday 11 May 2016

Ever since we were little kids we've all had an idea of 'our dream'. From a dream job to a dream boyfriend to a, I don't know, dream house, we've all had that little space in our head where we've planned out how we want everything to work when we grow up. That's a totally normal thing that everyone goes through and it's okay to have these big dreams and these big plans that we want to happen, so many adults shoot them down for not being realistic, but honestly it's good for you to do this and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. Today I thought I'd do something different and share with you all my 'dream life'. I've seen quite a few bloggers doing something like this and I thought it'd just be a little bit of fun to do a post on too. Some peoples 'dream life' includes big plans, big and very difficult plans that they may never live, but I like to think mine aren't too unrealistic, or I hope anyway. 


Working for myself (or at least do something I love)

I think doing a job we're passionate about is what we all can only hope for and so many people end up getting stuck in just average jobs that they can deal with, but I really don't want that. Ideally I'd love to work for myself, be my own boss, because I love to be independent and I struggle to deal with other people putting pressure or stress on me, it honestly freaks me the hell out. Now I know working for myself is for the most part unlikely to happen, I don't have the ability to get myself to that kind of job, so settling for doing something I love is the next best thing. One day I'd love for this blog to be my full time job, since I was young enough to write it's been my passion, but even if this stays as just a hobby that's a small part time job I'm okay with that. If it leads to bigger things even better, but I will continue to push myself to try and make something of it all and if it doesn't happen I won't stress too much but it's so important to never give up.

Have stable friendships and relationships

Whether it's my relationship with my family or my friends, I'd love nothing more than to have a stable relationship with it all to the day I die. Nothing is more important than the people you surround yourself with, I've made an entire post about this before which you can find HERE if you want to have a read, but it is hands down one of the most important things you can do in your life. One day yes I would love to have a guy in my life who I am completely in love with, that would be the dream, but a boyfriend or girlfriend isn't the be all end all so that one may happen one day but I'm not going to spend my life worrying about it because it's pointless.

Just be happy.

This is one everyone should strive to have. The ultimate dream. Happiness isn't asking for a lot and we will all have down days on way too many occasions in our lives but that doesn't mean you can't (or aren't) happy. If I look back at my life and can say that I've lived it to it's fullest and I've been happy, even if it's only over the smallest of things, I can say I've well and truly succeeded in living my dream life. Happiness is they key to everything, as long as you have it nothing else really matters because it should be everyone's ideal goal.

Personally I don't think I'm asking for a lot to live my dream life, although my dreams aren't massive they're all I need and they're all I want and I like to think that they happen to be pretty realistic too. Let me know down in the comments your dream life or one thing you dream to achieve before you leave this world, I'm quite curious and I think it'd be really interesting to hear what you all have to say. I'm also going to apologise for my posts being all lifestyle based recently, since I don't have a camera and I'm having to use all the pictures I have saved on my computer right now doing reviews or outfit posts or anything like that is proving to be difficult, but as soon as I get a new camera I'll be straight back to throwing all those into the mix over here too.

Isabelle
xxx

19 comments

  1. These are all great things to aim towards, especially being happy! My list would probably look pretty similar to yours, I love that quote in the photo too ♥

    Hayley-Eszti | www.hayleyeszti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hands down one of my favourite quotes!

      Delete
  2. This was such a lovely blog post to read. I really appreciate you taking the time to write it so beautifully and honestly. You have some really nice dreams to aim towards and I admire how determined you seem to be. I agree that you should never give up on your dreams and you couldn't be more right when you say that happiness is the key to everything, because it absolutely is! Life is too short to be worrying about things, so it's important to recognise the great opportunities that can potentially come out of it, rather than dwelling in negativity, as that gets you no-where!

    I would love to be able to put my print on the world. I'm not saying it has to be drastic, but I really do want to travel the world (or as much of it as I can anyway) and I'd love to be able to help people. Ideally, I hope to be a child and adolescent psychotherapist, but I want to help people in more ways than just career-wise.

    Thank you very much for following me :) I love your blog already!! <3

    Lots of love,

    Jade xx | simplyjadey.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, and that's such a lovely career to want to get in! <3

      Delete
  3. Love your last point, I think aiming to be happy in life is so important and your dream life is definitely realistic especially because you are so positive about it! Lovely post, I definitely think it's good to have goals :)
    Amy xx
    Call Me Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are absolutely wonderful goals to strive for in your dream life! I actually wholeheartedly agree with what you shared. Being able to work for myself is a huge dream and I'm gradually beginning to see how I might achieve that one, hopefully next year, but it's going to come with A LOT of sacrifice. Relationships are a big one for me, especially as I'm getting older. I'm really hoping to find more ride or die friends. I've had a challenging time in LA finding people I can relate to and really build strong friendships with. It seems to be a common theme from what other LA bloggers I've talked to about it have said. Fortunately blogging is bringing so many amazing women into my life I feel like I have a lot more in common with than people I've met in person over the past few years and I'm so grateful for that! And happiness...I think that has to be the number one dream I have for my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you agree, and I'm glad blogging is helping with that! Thank you for the comment :)

      Delete
  5. I think these are beautiful and totally realistic goals! I also wish to be happy in all aspects of my life and never forget to be grateful for all the opportunities coming my way!

    xo
    www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I 100% agree with never forgetting to be grateful!

      Delete
  6. I so dream of a family and having a family home, so relationships mean so much to me, with friends family, and of course my other half. Right now we are saving up for a house, so that is the dream now, but life really should be filled with things you love!

    Hope you get your camera up and running again soon! But the lifestyle posts are a good mix :)

    http://www.makeerinover.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well good luck with that, I'm happy for you! And thank you lovely

      Delete
  7. A thoughtful and sensible post. Ken Dodd's "Happiness" song contains honest and good sense.

    Dale Carnegie maintains: "It isn’t what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about.”

    Perhaps we should all strive to be simply CONTENT?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved this post! The one thing I think people mess up with happiness is that they believe that it's a destination. It's not, happiness is a way of living your life. What got it for me was reading the quote "If you want to find happiness, find gratitude", so far it's helped me feeling happy and loving of life! Xx

    www.thefashionfolks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and yes I completely agree! Thank you for sharing that quote xx

      Delete
  9. Awww this is such a lovely post and I agree - you should always dream and push yourself to do better!! I love reading posts like this :)

    Layla xx

    http://www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your dream life sounds similar like mine! I am sure it is not only a dream life and it will eventually come true!! x

    ReplyDelete