The 'blogger glamour'

Tuesday 10 May 2016

While sitting on my bed the other day in my underwear redesigning my blog (do you guys likey?) I came to a very real realisation that this was what it was like to be a blogger. You're probably thinking "what on earth are you talking about?" so let me elaborate. I have a proper point, I promise. When we go to blogger events and even just look at bloggers on social media everything looks so glamorous right? Now just have a good think and imagine how you'd see said glamours bloggers actually blogging, writing out their posts.



Personally I used to imagine them all dolled up in glamorous clothes using a mac in a very clean and aesthetically pleasing room, and I know for a fact I'm not the only one who used to have an image like this in their head. That pretty and perfect picture quite a few of us expect to be the truth is honestly far from it, you never realise how ordinary a bloggers life is until you either meet one behind their persona or you become one yourself. I can't speak for all bloggers out there but I know the majority of us, me and my friends included, normally don't blog in a face full of perfect makeup, we're normally in our pj's or sweats just chilling on our beds, our rooms probably not as lovely as you imagine them to be. Our lives aren't just full of us taking pictures of all the free makeup and clothes and etc that we've been sent, we normally spend our hand earned money on that. Yes okay I won't pretend bloggers don't receive free things, or go to really cool events, because we all know that can happen, but it's far from the glamorous and easy lifestyle you'd all imagine. We don't get that kinda stuff for nothing, it takes years and years of hard work and doing what we enjoy doing, blogging. There's a few lucky ones who get all that quickly and easily, but that's such a rare case. There's a lot more behind the 'blogger glamour' than you'd all imagine.

I just thought I'd write this post because of how bloggers are normally stereotyped to be, and most of those stereotypes are incorrect. Bloggers lives aren't perfect and every single one of us is different. Some of us are so far from the typical blogger stereotype that you'd never expect us to be like the rest. We don't all need to be pretty, or have perfect hair, or dress a certain way, we're all doing this because we have one single thing in common and that's our passion for what we do and a lot of people seem to forget that.

Isabelle
xxx

33 comments

  1. Love the new layout, looks great! I agree too, I used to have this image, but I'm pretty sure half of us blog in our PJS!

    Hayley-Eszti | www.hayleyeszti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, and it's hands down the comfiest way to blog haha!

      Delete
  2. Definitely agree - I usually blog with no make up on in comfy clothes on my knackered old laptop that's the slowest thing ever haha
    Amy xx
    www.callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh god yeah my computer is awful, nothing glamorous about that xx

      Delete
  3. The first sentence of this post made me laugh! I'm definitely guilty of blogging in my underwear/sweats/pajamas/any other frumpy thing you could possibly think of. I'm a newbie blogger but am definitely seeing a huge disconnect between what people think the reality of blogging is and what it actually is. Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad someone found it funny haha! Thanks for the comment :)

      Delete
  4. I used to think the same about bloggers before I started blogging. I think its because of the bloggers I was following. They were high class bloggers who showcased nothing, but glamour. Ha!! I know for a fact that its not the case now. Lol!! I'm so far from glamour. Lol...

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, girl!! YES! I'm usually looking a hot mess and it's nowhere near glamorous! I wish it was though...lol! And it definitely takes a long time before you begin to get sent free products and a ton of work and money.
    xo, Lily
    Beauty With Lily

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is *so* true! Most of my blog posts are written when I'm in joggers or PJs and are either written sitting on my bed or at my desk. There's nothing particularly glam about the process at all!

    www.moreaboutcat.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure we can all dream that it's as glamorous as people think haha

      Delete
  7. Nice Inspirations

    FOLLOW my Blog!!! Maybe we can follow each other!!!
    www.rimanerenellamemoria.de

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha this is sooooo true! Blogging is definitely not all glamour!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's one thing I always laugh about! When I work from home, it's such a struggle to prise myself away to get ready for the day, even though I'm not going out! Then Ill put scruffs on, because I'm not going out, and will actually decline a spontaneous invite to go out somewhere for a bit because I didn't bother getting all dolled up in the first place and wouldn't be seen dead going out in my loungewear!

    The struggle is real.
    Katie
    www.kathyathy.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. cheers to originality and all the differences that make us unique! blogging is about who you really are, even when the posts are not about fashion or lifestyle and do not have pictures of the blogger. it's a channel for the owner of the blog to express what he/she thinks, what he/she has to say. bloggers, even fashion bloggers, shouldn't be stereotyped. instead the difference and uniqueness of every blogger should be celebrated!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this post! Thanks for sharing! xx

    Check out my new post @OHIAMIHT BLOG.

    x Mai

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your site! and Omg that is so true!! I am always in sweats with a messy bun when it comes to writing my blog post lol. Most of the time I'm in my bed with my laptop on my lap :P

    xo Raina
    www.themamaqueen.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This post is SO true!!! Love the new site, hope you're having a wonderful week!!!

    Laura
    www.blackcoffeebeautiful.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just wrote a very similar post on my blog too haha :) Yes to everything you said, most people think that blogging is all about glamour and loads of freebies but in reality in most cases it's just a bunch of us sitting in our PJs, writing stuff down because we truly love it :) Have a great day!

    xx
    Matea
    www.smilesnapsparkle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check it out in a second! That's exactly what it is, you too babe xx

      Delete