Character vs Reputation

Thursday 20 November 2014


So I stumbled across this picture on tumblr the other day, and I've been thinking about it a lot, and I think it makes an excellent point. "Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation" So so so many of us care so much about our reputation, and how we come across to others, yet we don't consider that we should worry more about what we're actually like. Especially in things like school and social activities, all we ever used to bother with was our reputation. Whether we were considered 'popular' or 'a nerd' and other things like that, I know I was like it and I know most of you probably were too. I think it's only human nature to care about things like that, but when you really think about it do you realize just how petty it all is.

As you grow older you kind of grow out of caring so much about how you're seen by the world, and how good or bad your reputation is, I don't think it goes away for everyone, but I do think you care a lot less about it, however I do think it is more important that you do actually take more notice in how you actually are. Your character is you, if you come across as having a bad reputation, instead of trying to change that reputation, why don't we have a look at ourselves and see if that's the problem? See if it's that we maybe have a bad character, hence why our reputation isn't that great, and focus more on changing our character or sorting it out than the latter?

Just some random thoughts, do you agree or disagree? I'd love to hear your opinions in the comments below, or for you to tweet me what you think!

Isabelle
xxxx

2 comments

  1. I think you're totally right. If should be character over anything really, people get obsessed with makeup, clothes etc and it's always what's inside that counts. Got me thinking, thanks Isabelle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.s please take the captxcha off your comments, so frustrating S I can't really see it on my iPad x

    ReplyDelete