Summer In The City

Wednesday 21 August 2013

Those of you who follow me on twitter will know that on Friday I went to London ready for quite a busy weekend. I went to a gathering in Jubilee Gardens on that day, which was pretty cool, but the main event happened on the Saturday and Sunday!

Now I'm pretty sure most of you have heard of Summer In The City right? It's the hugest youtube gathering outside the US held in London in the UK once a year, this year being my first year of attending. The event itself was on the 17th and 18th of August in Alexandra Palace, which was an AMAZING venue. I went to London early on the Friday and stayed at a friends until late on the Monday, and it was honestly one of the best weekends of my life. I got to see all of my friends, and seeing ones I haven't seen in months made me so happy. Being in a building with like 7,000 odd other people who all love the same thing as you and who have all come together to celebrate youtube felt so unreal. Whether their main intentions were to meet their favourite youtubers or to see old/new friends it was an amazing experience. Youtube is such a wonderful community and to be quite honest, words can't even describe how good that weekend was. 

People had come from countries all over the world just to go to Summer In The City, the passion most people there have for Youtube is unreal. My main intention was to just have fun, and to actually socialize (for once) with people who are pretty much the same as me. The fact that I got to meet some of my favourite youtubers was just a plus.

FRIDAY

(Jack Spriggs, he has an AMAZING voice)


(Ollie Martin, one of my favourite youtubers)


SATURDAY
(Outside the venue)



                             
(Queueing for Joe Sugg and Jim Chapman)


                                           
(Jim just kept taking selfies of us and Joe!)




                          
(Oohh it's Gary C)

                         

                         

                           
(Brad Corey, one of my favourite youtubers)

 (Sam Watson, his videos are fab)





(Patty Walters, think I'm in love with him)

Wristband

SUNDAY
(The one and only Charlie McDonnell)



                         

                         

                         

                         

                         

                         

                         
(Niki and Sammy, they're hilarious)

                         



                         



(Dean Dobbs, half of Jack&Dean)



 (One of my favourite people ever, Jason)

You can tell that the majority of Saturdays photos were taken on my terrible phone front camera, it's a shame I didn't get them on my actual camera, they'd have been a lot nicer!

I've linked youtube channels to the people in each picture, so be sure to check them out, and also be sure to check out my youtube channel which you can find HERE as I'll be uploading vlogs from the weekend and a video on my personal experience at Summer In The City 2013.


Amy
xxx














2 comments

  1. Oh god I am so jealous! I heard it was freaking awesome and you met like... half of mine fave YouTubers! I hope you had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete