Summer Base Makeup

Tuesday 8 August 2017


I planned and photographed this post at the beginning of the summer, now as it's coming to a close and the weather has deteriorated majorly I've actually decided to upload it. This girl really needs to work on her timing's doesn't she. I thought I'd still post it anyway as even as we go into Autumn my base makeup will probably still stay the same for the most part so it can count for both Summer and Autumn. Just gotta add, is anyone else super excited for the hot weather to be over and for Autumn to hit?! Deffo going to plan a ton of Autumn posts (and not to forget an Autumn Instagram theme) as it's my favourite season and I just can't handle my excitement! And Halloween?! Buzzing is an understatement! Could I say Autumn any more times?



The first product I'll start with is my holy grail foundation, Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk. I uploaded a post where I did a comparison with the Giorgio Armani Designer Lift foundation which you can find HERE, but Luminous Silk won hands down. Where I have extremely poor skin the coverage is amazing and buildable and doesn't look too cakey either. It may be on the higher price side of things but it's worth every penny. Next up we'll go significantly cheaper with my Collection Lasting Perfection concealor. Although I am a major high end makeup fan I just can't ignore how much this just does it for me. It hides my spots and my severe under eye circles and do I really need to ask for any more really?


Not too long ago I purchased this highlighter from Makeup Revolution and ever since I have been head over heels in love, honest to god. This is the skin kiss highlighter in 'Peach Kiss' and it is hands down my favourite makeup product ever right now. I did a full review recently which you can find HERE, but long story short it is just amazing. Lastly I've included the Pixi Beauty Makeup Fixing Mist, I got sent a bunch of their face mists a few months ago and I loved them all, but this one is hands down my favourite. It has a gorgeous rose water scent and feels amazing on my face, if you want to read what I thought of it and the other Pixi face mists then you can go over to a full review HERE.

What are your favourite Summer makeup products? Or what are you excited to bring back this Autumn? I know it's still only August but I am living and breathing for how excited I am for Autumn! Halloween costumes are already on my mind, it's never too early. Also did anyone see that Film4 were playing a Christmas film last night?! Madness! Be sure to go follow me on bloglovin HERE to stay up to date on my posts, I'm super close to 1.5k and it would be fab to finally hit it! Don't forget to follow me on Instagram HERE too, I'm planning my Autumn theme already in my brain and I cannot wait!

Isabelle
xxx


20 comments

  1. I really want to try that foundation, and it sounds amazing! I'm looking forward to Autumn too, I mean we've practically got Autumn weather already haha!xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO excited for autumn too! I haven't tried luminous silk but I don't think I've ever heard anything bad about it, it seems like such a good foundation! xx

    Brynn, http://brynnieblogs.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved discovering your blog, really interesting
    Bisous

    http://gallech.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo this post made me sooo excited for Autumn!! I can't wait!! I enjoyed reading your thoughts on this product! I have been eyeing up the Pixi face spray for a while now!!

    Sophia xo // https://sophiaaaxo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am honestly way too excited ahh!! You should try it, it's so affordable too :) xx

      Delete
  5. I haven't tried any of the products yet. Enjoyed reading the post.
    Lippie ��
    lippie143.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That highlighter looks like an absolute dream, how pretty! Also been dying to try that foundation for years, I really must!

    The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so cheap and you get so much product too, and you should!!

      Delete
  7. I love Makeup Revolution but they made shipping to Canada more expensive. That bronzer looks very pretty. I tried the Pixi mist and did like it, but I finished it so fast. http://www.mrsqbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't tried any foundation for a while, been sticking to BB creams. However, now that you are recommending GA's Luminous silk I might look into it. I have heard nice things about it from other bloggers, so might be worth a splash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so wish I could but my skin is just that awful! I know it's pricey but it's worth a try :)

      Delete
  9. I wish I could try the Luminous Silk foundation, I've always heard such good things about it! :)

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. They're worth it, and thank you! x

    ReplyDelete