Confessions Of A Blogger

Tuesday 15 August 2017


As soon as I start blogging about how the weather is getting colder and Autumn is coming the sun decides to pop up and pay a surprise visit and I am not liking it. However we are coming up so close to September so soon Summer will be officially over and I will be in my own little heaven. This post has been sitting in my list for ages but for some reason (god knows what) I've just never gotten around to uploading it. All bloggers, and I mean all, have confessions like these that they had to admit, especially to themselves which is why I'm writing this post so we can all rejoice in how we deffo don't fit into the perfect blogging image that we all know doesn't actually exist. We all have things we need to work on and let's be real, if we don't admit what they are we'll never motivate ourselves to actually work on them, so moving on here are a few of my blogger confessions.


- I ALWAYS forget to take my makeup off at night. I'm honestly the worst person ever for it, I just get in bed and then get too lazy to move to do it. Oops.

- I then moan about having spots all the time.. hmm I wonder why Isabelle.

-Following up on that point, I also always forget to moisturise.

-I either have no blog ideas or 50 at once. There is no inbetween.

- I also won't plan the ideas that I do have for future reference, I'll let myself forget. (Idiot)

- I'm the worst person at comparing myself to other bloggers. I think we all do it, even if we don't mean to, but as long as you use that jealousy to motivate yourself to do better rather than being bitchy or horrible about it then it can be okay.

- I'm forever buying products and forgetting to blog about them. Oh my it's something I really need to change.

-The blogger community scares me. I know that the majority of other bloggers are so lovely and nice but I'm constantly terrified that I won't 'fit in' even though I've been blogging for 5 years now.

- I take pictures of everything, literally. It annoys my friends so much haha!

- I can never keep my makeup clean, and I'm always forgetting to wash my brushes. I irritate myself majorly with this.

- My food always gets cold because I have to get that perfect Instagram or Snapchat, why do we do this to ourselves?

I decided to do this post as when I first started blogging I thought every blogger had this perfect image, and honestly they don't. I'm far from what that perfect image would be, as are most of us, and I just thought it'd be fun to share some little secrets I have that I'm actually pretty ashamed of. Do any of you have any confessions you'd like to share or do any of the things I mentioned too? Be sure to let me know down in the comments and we can be annoyed at ourselves together. I'm just over 10 followers off 1.5k over on bloglovin so if you fancy helping me get there then please go give me a little follow HERE, it'd be super appreciated and I'm always active over there so you'll get a follow back!

Isabelle
xxx

14 comments

  1. Rosie Fortune15 August 2017 at 07:58
    Oh god I relate to this post so much, especially the first four, great post!💕 (Sorry had to repost due to a typo)

    - Rosie, rosiefortune.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosie, glad you could relate! :)

      Delete
  2. Haha I can so relate to this post! My thing is eating half of my food before remembering to take a picture, I do that a lot. I also tend to compare myself to other bloggers, it's so hard not to but I've really been working on it. It's so comforting to know that we're not actually as alone as we think we are :)

    Coco Bella Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I hate it when I do that haha! And yes it really is :)

      Delete
  3. I love this!! I too am always buying stuff, and think maybe one day I will actually make that haul that I keep saying I will. thanks for sharing. XO, Ellese

    Rock.Paper.Glam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't even get me started on hauls haha x

      Delete
  4. This was such a fun and honest post! I'm glad you shared this!

    Have an awesome day!
    xx Kris

    https://dreamingofpink.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's really hard not to compare yourself to others. You really need to step back and not put yourself down. Interesting post. http://www.mrsqbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! Have a lovely day! Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been so lazy with washing my brushes! I agree with all of these x

    www.wildfirecharm.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to wash mine but I keep putting it off! x

      Delete