Things To Keep In Mind

Friday 30 January 2015


"Life becomes a lot more fun when you don't care what people think of you."

This is a hard one to remember, as human beings we have a bad habit of focusing too much of our time on other peoples opinions on us, how we look, act, come across, and it's something that is very hard to overcome. However once you have I PROMISE you that your life will be so much easier and you will enjoy it an awful lot more.

"Don't light yourself on fire to keep other people warm."

This sounds like some sort of tumblr quote, but gosh is it true. If other people aren't going to appreciate you and who you are then forget them. Don't make the mistake of going to extraordinary lengths to please them because they are honestly not worth one minute of your time.

"Staying calm during a storm makes it easier to pick up the pieces afterwards."

This quote may not make sense to everyone, but think about it carefully. If you completely freak out during the bad times of your life, it's going to be a lot harder to repair the damage you made when it's over. I'm super guilty of this one and it's something I wish I learned a lot earlier.

"Happiness may seem a long distance away, but the only way you'll reach your destination is if you make the journey."

Again, this is super relevant to me and my life right now, I know all of the things that will make me happy in my life are not within my reach right now, and it's hard to accept that they won't appear overnight. However if you sit around moping you'll never get to them. You're going to have to sit back, think about how you can achieve them, and then work your little butt off. It may take time, but make sure you spend that time wisely, and you'll feel so much better in the long run.


This post was more on the inspirational side of things, since I'm currently deciding to stop having breakdowns and to get my life together. Motivation is something I find extremely hard. I'm a sucker for slipping into the darkness of life and to get sad over how I'm not at a place I want to be, but I'm using that mopiness now to motivate myself to work towards it, to do better.

Are any of you like me, or do any of you have any motivational or inspirational tips? Be sure to let me know if so, I'd love to hear them.

(Also fun fact, I'm planning on posting daily now. That's a huge thing for me since I appear to have commitment issues with this blog, but let's just say once I get into the habit I know it'll be a lot better for me.)

Isabelle
xxx


Post a Comment