"A Messed Up Generation"

Monday 29 December 2014




A lot of people complain about our generation taking lots of pictures when they're out with their friends, or at concerts, or out having fun, they say that you should 'put technology away and live in the moment', and don't get me wrong I do agree in a way, but what's wrong with keeping memories?

One day you won't remember living in those happy moments, and yes, you shouldn't spend hours on your phone in times like that, but spending a few minutes capturing the happiness you're experiencing can't be a bad thing. I vlog for a reason, I love looking back at old photos and videos, because 'living in the moment' isn't going to keep me alive when I'm sad and in need of happy moments, but those pictures will. When I'm in need of remembering all the good things I've experienced and all the amazing things I've done, when I can't remember them well enough in my brain, those will keep the memories alive, and they'll never fade.

I think a balance is important, why can't we do both? Live in the moment and capture it? Life goes quick and memories fade, and there's nothing better than being able to look back at everything you've done. It gives some people a sense of happiness, don't take that away from them.

Isabelle
xxx

Post a Comment