Pattering Rain

Friday 25 July 2014

 There's something oddly relaxing about the pattering of the rain on your window when you're sitting inside all cosy and warm. The howling of wind on those dark stormy nights, weather that's meant to be foreboding, a signal of something bad. But yet it makes you think, it makes you feel. Personally it gives me a false sense of security. My house is protecting me from all the bad that lies waiting outside. I feel like if I'm in here and the bad is out there then I'm safe, and that's all there is to it. 


It sounds weird and silly I know, I don't understand it either. It's strange how a weather condition can make you feel so many different things, can trigger different thoughts, different emotions. It can make you happy one minute, sad the next, can make you feel inspired and can make you feel like curling up into a ball 10 minutes later. I like rain. Everyone should like rain.

Post a Comment