Life Choices

Tuesday 23 April 2013


I know I'm only 17, and I don't know much about life choices, but there is something I wish I could have told 'leaving school Amy', and that is, don't. 

I left school about a year ago now, and let's just say I had some 'career problems'. I didn't know what I wanted to do, where I wanted to go, or what I wanted to achieve. As the later to the end of the year it got, the more pressure got put on me on to decide on something and apply for college/sixth form. I went to endless career advisors and spoke about what I was going to do, but I was still clueless. As a last minute decision I chose to do beauty therapy, so just before study leave, I applied and got in. Perfect right? Nope. As I went onto study leave and actually thought about it, I realized that leaving school based on a pressured last minute decision really didn't sound clever. So I applied for sixth form, got in as long as I got the right results, and told the college I no longer needed my place. After the holidays I got the results I needed for sixth form and done the 2 induction weeks. Let's just say we got an AWFUL lot of work to do before we came back in the new school term. It got to the day before going back when I realized I hadn't done any of my work, I panicked and thought that I wouldn't be able to cope with the work If I did go back. Guess what silly Amy did? She quit sixth form and asked for her college place back. Luckily I got it back and started the course and loved it. 6 months down the line and then I quit. So now I'm stuck for the year with nothing to do, and still nothing planned for next year.

If you took the time to read that then thank you, the whole point in it is that I should have stayed at school. It would have given me a lot more options rather than leaving me stuck. Now I'm not saying everyone should stay at school, because you don't need too, but if you are like I was then I really would recommend it. If you're not fully set on what you want to do, staying on really would be the best idea, I wish I could go back and I can't, but if you're reading this and you're in the same situation, please re think.

I'd love to go on and do a course in film and television or something like that next year, but unfortunatlely none of the colleges in my area offer it, they only offer media, and yes, there is a difference. So just be careful with your life choices and options, because you can make any choose there is, but if it's the wrong one there will be consequences.

Toodlepip, Amy
xxx

2 comments

  1. Well I hope things turn out well for you and you get a chance to do a course which you love .You said you are stuck for the year with nothing to do , if you have some kind of institutions that offer diplomas or short courses you can join them and get one and in the meantime just sit down,relax and think calmly what kind of degree and job you are interested in I am sure you will figure something out and get a chance to study something that you are interested in.Remember my friend we all face some difficult times in our life when we have no clue what to do but ultimately we figure it out, my best wishes are with you <3 GOOD LUCK!!!

    ReplyDelete