People Suck.. That's Just Life

Thursday 1 December 2016

Connecting with the people around us is something we all have to do whether we like it or not. Generally we surround ourselves with people that make us happy, however we will always come across and waste time on others that just aren't worth a single second. Now you all know that I use this blog to vent quite a bit, I turn my own life mistakes or life 'happenings' (if you'll call them that) into helpful tips and messages for you guys and I'm glad that so many of you love this. My whole life I've been too nice, if that makes sense. I've let people constantly walk over me, I've forgiven everyone even over something big or after the 50th time, and deep down I know I shouldn't. I know I'm basically giving them permission to hurt me in a way because I let them do it, I don't stop them. That's probably the biggest regret I've had in my life, I've always let people use me and I've never stood up for myself. I know it can be hard for some, especially if you're shy like I used to be, but I mean it when I say people like that aren't worth a second of your time and I really hope some of you will read this and make the change to not let other people treat you like crap.


I'm not going to go into detail about who basically betrayed my trust, to put it in a non swearing version, or what they did but they were people I was close to. 'Was' being the key word here. One of them I've helped out a lot recently and genuinely thought she was a decent person, and the other I trusted more than I've ever trusted anyone. I considered them both pretty good friends and would have done absolutely anything for both of them which was one big mistake. After what happened, well happened, I was going to forgive them. In fact I was going to apologise for the way I acted over it but some very good friends of mine made me realised that no, why should I do that? Yes I may have overreacted but they were in the wrong and what they did was not fair. So why should I apologise? That's the first lesson here, never apologise for something that isn't your fault. If you're a sorry person like me I know it's hard but it's something you need to learn to do and after this whole fiasco something inside of me just clicked. I can't let people treat me like that. 

If either of them are reading this (which I extremely doubt it) then I know I overreacted a ton but the fact that you even did what you did in the first place is, well I can't even fathom because I could never do that to someone. I deserve better than you and I'm so glad I've finally realised that. These 2 people tried to make me feel like I was pathetic at the time, like I was in the wrong for being bothered by what happened and in the end I kind of believed them. I hated myself for being upset over it when it was clearly something that I shouldn't be upset by, yet the next day when I told some friends (who are extremely honest to me) what happened they told me I was right. That what these two did to me was wrong and I wasn't an idiot for feeling hurt, I was just being human. I think that just topped it all off, making someone feel like their feelings aren't valid, like they're wrong. You can't help the way you feel and never let anyone put you down because you feel something.

If they've done it once they will almost definitely do it again, you don't need people like that in your life. I hate shutting people out, I've never been able to stay mad at someone but you don't need to. I've lost all respect for both people mentioned and yeah I'll be civil but people who are willing to easily hurt you should not be in your life. You deserve so much better than to be treated like you're nothing, to be shot down, hurt, walked over. You deserve better and I really hope you're listening to me here! I'd shout it at each and every single person reading this if I could, but since there's waayyy too many of you I'll just have to make it clear here. You. Deserve. Better. Got it? 

It's hard I know, even now I'm struggling to keep these 2 people out of my life because I miss them but it needs to be done. Surround yourself with people who do actually love and care for you and would never dream about doing anything that would even purposely remotely upset you. Those are the people that deserve it, that deserve your time and affection and love, the people that you need to be around and should stay in your life for as long as you can possibly keep them in there. If you enjoyed reading this and found it helped you even a little then be sure to click HERE to follow me on bloglovin, I mainly post lifestyle but I love mixing in beauty and etc as much as I can, and ya never know, you might find more helpful!

Isabelle
xxx


buzzoole code

7 comments

  1. Hey Isabelle!
    (My other comment had too many typos 😂)
    Loved your post! Don't worry about those who hurt you , they end up regretting it in the end 💕 Just remember to stay strong and to know that everything happens for a reason. Have a great day girl 😘
    Simplyjessytee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, this comment really made me smile, thank you! x

      Delete
  2. Awww such a lovely article - and your blog is so beautiful! Your words spoke to me in a certain way as I have only just gained the confidence to break out of someone's spell, some people whom I trusted but how they were treating me wasn't right, but I put up with it. Now I'm promising to be stronger, as well as being forgiving; that being kind doesn't mean you have to be a doormat! I'm feeling much more like myself :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
    (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You deserve to be treated a lot better than that babe, but I'm glad :) xx

      Delete
  3. I can really relate to this (at least my younger self can). You will eventually learn that it's possible to be a good/nice person AND to say NO. You're right that it's never OK for anyone to tell you your feelings are right or wrong. If someone has upset you, THEY need to apologize, not turn it around on you and say your reaction was wrong. And, if they continue to do the same thing over and over than yes, you should move on. Try not to hold a grudge, but you're right that you should surround yourself with people that bring out the best in you. Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the person that one was about I have forgiven as I could have just been a one time mistake, but if they keep doing things like it then I deffo will just have to remove them from my life

      Delete