2016 Goals

Wednesday 13 January 2016

Now I've seen a LOT of these posts floating around the internet the past few weeks, and I feel like they're more of a tradition at this point so I can't not write one. I'm not going to lie to you, I have absolutely no clue where I want this year to go, I haven't even thought past what I'm doing tomorrow but I've decided that I'm not going to get anywhere like that. If I don't set goals then nothing will happen or get done, I'm one of those kinds of people, so these are just a few things I'd like to achieve this year. Granted some of them may be small, and some more way too unachievable, but anything can happen. Right? I'll keep telling myself that anyway.

Have more confidence
This one is currently a rapidly improving work in progress. I touched on this briefly in my last post but recently my confidence has been increasing so much it actually kind of worries me. My whole life I've been scared of everyone and everything, but lately I'm doing better at meeting new people, wearing things I wouldn't normally wear and doing things I wouldn't normally do. I'd say this one is highly achievable if I just continue to refuse to give up.

Sort my room out
I've always thought that a persons room is a reflection of who they are, however mine is just a jumbled mess. I've changed a hell of a lot over the past few months and I feel like it more reflects who i've been in the past rather than who I am now, am I making any sense? I want my room to show my personality more, I want it to be somewhere I enjoy spending time rather than dread it.

Get my blog going
As you know I may post on this blog but it's far from being a regular involved thing in my life, which I'm determined to change. When I say I want this blog to 'take off' I don't just mean in follower and view count, although they are massively improving right now, but I mean more the content that's on here and my involvement in the blogging community. 

Write more
This is one that I say practically every single year and it never happens, because I'm lazy and I procrastinate even from the things I love doing the most. However as I get older I realise I need to keep the things I enjoy a lot closer to me or I may just lose them, and in the process I may just lose myself. I'm happier when I write, i'm more positive and more, well, me. I don't just mean write on this blog, but I want to write more poetry, I want to finish the book I've been writing for over a year now, I want to do it all.

Obviously I have more goals for this year but these are some that I know will help keep me in a more positive mindset. If you've been reading my blog for a while you may know that I used to post monthly goals as they're an awful lot easier to achieve, and starting from February I'm bringing that back and I'm determined to keep it up for the entire year. Be sure to let me know if you have any goals for 2016 as I'd be super interested to hear them down in the comments.

Isabelle
xxx


6 comments

  1. Good luck, especially with writing and confidence. I want to finish my novels as well this year! I can't wait to see your content this year!

    Jemima x
    anotherrantingreader.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your goals! I'm really trying to work on my own confidence this year too! I totally need to organize my room/life as well. Good luck with all of your goals xx

    Meggan
    www.cardiganjezebel.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him. Dear old Charlie Dickens knew a thing or two.

    Do it now - that's a good motto.

    ReplyDelete