Major Life Lessons You Can Learn From Gossip Girl

Sunday 28 January 2018

Gossip Girl, one of the most iconic programmes out there and a show I personally can't get enough of. I don't think it matters how many times you rewatch the seasons, you never get bored of Blair's sass or Serena's naivety or how gorgeous Chuck and Nate are, forever crushing hard. Oh, and let's not forget how amazing some of the wardrobes are, I don't know about you but these kids are living my dream life. Aside from all of that the show does actually teach a lot of very valuable life lessons and today I'm going to share with you just a few.






 1. Don't let anyone stop you from getting where you want in life. Blair went through a lot of ups and downs but eventually she got herself exactly where she wanted to be and how? She didn't let anyone stop her from achieving what she wanted, she didn't give up after the first hurdle. She kept on going and didn't listen to anyone telling her she can or can't get what she wants and eventually it all payed off. Your main focus in life generally is yourself and your happiness and if you're that determined to get to what makes you happy then you have to work for it and not let anyone stop you from getting there.




2. Cut toxic people out of your life. A lot of these Upper East siders learned this the hard way and boy is it the same for the rest of us but sometimes you really do need to cut certain people out of your life. If someone is only dragging you down or affecting you negatively it really is best to walk away because where is that person going to get you? How are they contributing to your happiness? The simple fact is they might not be and why should you have someone like that in your life?




3. Honesty is the best policy. In life you don't have to pretend you like people you don't, as long as you act like a civilised human being and aren't a complete twat about it it's really better to just be honest rather than play pretend. You think your friends new dress fits her in all the wrong places? Or that she's being used? I personally think it's so much better to just tell them, if something looks bad on me or my friends think someone's doing me wrong I would so much rather know than them play along and in the end I just turn out to look like a complete idiot. Just be relatively nice about it and that's all I could ask for.




4. Love sucks. If Chuck and Blair have taught us anything it's that love really does just fucking suck. Their relationship was the biggest rollercoaster in the history of rollercoasters even though they made it in the end. However they did teach us that sometimes even though you may love and want to do anything for someone the timing just isn't right. You need to admit when you know it's just not going to work even though it's going to hurt, because forcing something that you both aren't in the right place for is just going to end up hurting 50 times more in the long run and you'll just end up setting yourself up for more pain. I know it isn't easy but sometimes it's for the best even though it's hard to admit.




5. It will get better. Following on from the last one, even though it may feel like the most painful thing ever, you will survive it. You will get through it and whether it ends up working out in the end or not you will get through it on your own. I know it feels impossible and like you can't live without them but trust me you really can. I'm being a bit of a hypocrite here considering the thought of losing the person I have is the most unbearable thing ever but at the end of the day we will always make it through and we will always survive without the person we never thought we could live without having.

This post was originally going to include a few more but after realising how much I was rambling on I thought it would be better to save those for a part 2 in the near future, wouldn't want to bore you all with a post that's too long now would I? Do you watch Gossip Girl? Is there anything you learned from the show? Be sure to leave a comment down below, even if it is just to fangirl over Nates hair (man that boy makes me die, insert love heart eye emoji). Also make sure to follow me on bloglovin HERE to stay up to date on my posts and let me know down in the comments if you want a part 2 at some point!

xoxo
Gossip Girl

3 comments

  1. Completely agree with all of these - I may have to re-watch Gossip Girl from the beginning now...

    -Charlotte x
    https://myownblogofthoughts.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think about it is most required for making more on this get engaged 안전놀이터

    ReplyDelete