w7 Colour Me Buff Palette Review + Swatches

Friday 12 May 2017

Beauty and makeup reviews are something I never do enough of, I'm just still quite a newbie when it comes to writing about them and I need to get used to it and suck it up. I've been collecting so many products over the last few months I have enough to make this blog review heaven. This palette has been in my collection for quite a while now, a lot of people used to refer to it as an Urban Decay Naked Palette dupe and to be fair I can see the resemblance, but as someone who's not used a Naked Palette in literally years I can't compare the similarities myself, which is a tad annoying. I'm a bit of an eyeshadow addict, if you click on my beauty section which you can find HERE most of my makeup reviews so far have been of eyeshadow palettes, pretty sure I even did 3 in a row once (although don't worry lads, I'm almost out of different ones to review, you'll all probably be glad to hear). This product retails at around £5, which compared to most makeup I own is rather cheap. 




This palette is packed full of 12 gorgeous nude shades, some matte but for the most part shimmer, and I am in love. I'll start with the packaging which is a really cute brown goldish tin with the brand and product name on the front in quite bold writing, it's not too big or heavy but still not the best travel sized eyeshadow palette. One thing I have to say is that I wish it had a mirror, but I will always say that about mirror-less makeup packaging since I just think it's so much easier when products have mirrors in for on the go makeup and etc. Overall I love the packaging, it fits nicely in my makeup storage and doesn't break easily. Also it comes with a brush, which to be honest I have never used as I like to stick with the brushes I already have, so I can't tip you off as to what this is like because I honestly don't know.. yet. The shades themselves are very similar to the Naked palette, you can tell just by looking, however I doubt they would have the same finish considering this one is relatively cheaper. My favourite thing about this palette though is the pigmentation. For so cheap I didn't expect them to be as pigmented as they are but boy was I impressed. They go on amazingly and are wonderful to blend (which makes me happy because I cannot blend for the life of me!)



These swatches are taken with natural lighting and only a little bit of product, so you can see how nice the pigmentation comes out and you don't really need to build them up, unless you want to obviously. All these shades are super usable and you can make a natural eye but also go smokey if that's what you're feeling. My favourite shades are the goldish brown toned shimmers, I am obsessed with them and I love using them when doing a night out look. This palette has quite a bit of fallout but for such a cheap product that's expected and I can't complain. The colours last quite a while on the eye, I'd highly suggest using a primer though because they do start to fade a lot quicker without and that's something no one wants. I also noticed without a primer they start to crease sometimes and it looks kinda weird, but if you're not planning on wearing them for an entire day then that wouldn't be a problem.

Have any of you used this palette or used the Naked one? Be sure to let me know what the comparison is like because I'm super curious, I may have to invest in all the Naked ones just to try them out! If you want to read more of my beauty and lifestyle posts then be sure to follow me HERE, I'm always active over there and I love reading and commenting on other posts. You can also find my latest blog post HERE, it's more of a lifestyle one about breakups, yeah I went there.

Isabelle
xxx

6 comments

  1. I can't believe how much this looks like the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette! It's such a pretty palette! I've tried some W7 palettes, but always go back to the UD, as you just can't beat that quality xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried any of the Naked palettes so I can't compare either, but these shades look beautiful! Shame their staying power is not the best, at least it improves with a primer! xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great palette for the price, I do have the UD palettes but don't find I reach for them as much as I did xxx

    Zoe ♥ MammafulZo

    ReplyDelete