How To Grow Your Instagram

Saturday 21 January 2017



I've shared a few blogging tips over here before when I did a post on increasing your blog page views and people seemed to love it. Whether your blog may just be a hobby to you or if you're trying to turn it into a business, we all want to grow but it's not just our actual blogs that involve all of the work, it's social media too. Instagram is one of the social media sites I get the most traffic from and I always get people asking me how they can grow their Instagram so I thought I'd share a few tips with you all on how you can do just that. Now I'm no Instagram expert by any means but I know a few little ways that have sure been helping my Instagram grow lately. Some of them may seem beyond obvious but they're so important if you want your Instagram to grow. So without further ado let's just jump into it before I have to say the word Instagram one more time..

1. STAYING ACTIVE

I told you some of them were obvious but this is 100% one of the most important ones. Ever since I started posting once a day every day my followers and engagement have increased so much, I know some people post twice a day and they find it works better but if I'm honest I really don't have enough effort to be able to keep that up. Follow other accounts under the same niche, like their pictures, comment and just interact with them. Don't be one of those people who leaves comments like "nice pic" or ":)" because they look so spammy and personally I never even reply to comments like that. Be genuine, show you actually looked at the photo and read the caption otherwise it just looks like you're commenting for attention.

2. USE HASHTAGS

This one I've only started doing myself recently but I've definitely noticed a difference. Hashtags are important because a lot of people look through them to find photos relating to the particular topic they're searching for and it's a great way for people to find your account. I use 30 hashtags on every photo I put up (all relating to the photo or the fact that I'm a blogger) and sometimes they may be hard to think of but if you want to maximise your chances of being found then you should use as many as you can. Instead of posting mine in the caption I tend to leave them as a comment instead straight after I've posted the photo, it just looks a lot.. cleaner I suppose? 


3. QUALITY PHOTOS

Another relatively obvious one but you should always have decent quality photos that fit together if you want to grow your account. I mean you don't have to if you don't want to but you probably won't gain many followers, and if that's what you're wanting to do then. You don't need a fancy camera, I just use my iPhone 6 and edit the photos on VSCO and I think they turn out pretty decent considering what I've got to work with. I also use UNUM to help plan my feed, if you're wanting a theme then this app is great to plan it with, you can add photos and move them around on the app before you even upload them to Instagram just to see what they'll look like when you put them on your account. Don't quite think I could live without it!

4. PRE PLAN PHOTOS

This one kinda comes off from the last one, if you have a busy schedule and want to keep up with the whole staying active thing then just take photos in bulk and have them all planned out ready! Then you'll never be short and you'll have spares stored away for a rainy day when you have nothing else to put up. It saves so much stress and you'll be thankful you had some that you could use. I mean I don't know about you but I don't take photos every day, sometimes I just want to lay in bed and do absolutely nothing and it's always so helpful just to be able to go on UNUM and see the next one I had planned to go on my feed just there waiting and ready.

I know these 3 tips all sound beyond obvious but honestly I've found when combining them all together and keeping them up every single day my follower count really did start to increase. It just takes patience and a whole lot of dedication but if you're happy with your account then that's all that matters! I'm majorly obsessed with Instagram at the moment so if you want to go follow me on there then you can find it HERE, I'm so proud of my theme at the moment (and mostly shocked I've actually managed to keep one for the past 2 weeks haha). Also don't forget to follow me on bloglovin over HERE to stay up to date on my posts, I'm going to be posting 3 times a week starting from next week and I've got some super exciting posts due soon!

Isabelle
xxx

12 comments

  1. I absolutely love using UNUM to plan my feed, it's definitely helped the look of my Instagram on the whole. Thanks for sharing these tips, I'm going to make a conscious effort to post once a day.

    Abigail Alice 💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, without it I don't think I could keep up a decent theme haha! You're welcome!

      Delete
  2. thanks for the tips!

    http://claresloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pre planning photos is such a good idea! It would probably save me so much time the day of. I totally agree with posting each day, it can really make all the difference with your engagement!

    My Lovelier Days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It helps stress me out so much less too!

      Delete
  4. I find Instagram to be the most frustratingly of all me social media platforms. I feel like I've tried so many different combos of things and it's still yielded slow growth. But the only thing to do is stick with it! X

    www.rhymeandribbons.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to find the same but patience is everything :)

      Delete
  5. Those are actually some simple but useful tips. I will try to follow them to see if there is a change. I always struggle because I think my content is boring or I am not pretty/skilled enough to keep up with all those amazing people on ig.

    ReplyDelete