Looking To The Future

Monday 5 September 2016

One of my worst habits happens to be how much I cling to the past, now I know it's something everyone does but my problem is I let it affect me and my day to day life way more than your average person. I won't go too in depth (because let's be honest, no one wants my life story), but it's such a dangerous thing to do. Okay yes, the past has happened and some of it sucks, but holding onto it for dear life is not going to get you anywhere. Things change, people change, hell even you change! I'm a firm believe of 'everything happens for a reason' and 'the right time' (but they are two completely different posts for a very different day i'm afraid) and I really need to learn to stop stressing over the past. Life happens, shit happens, get over it. Living in the present and looking towards the future rather than having your eyes set back are so so important and I really can't stress it enough.




It's okay to miss things sometimes. It's okay to miss memories and people and places because that's just human nature, however you can't change the past and that's a sad fact of life that you'll never be able to do anything about. It sucks I know, it really does, I mean I have SO many regrets but what good is holding onto them going to do for me? If anything it'll stop me from moving on, from being happy. Your past shapes you into who you are now and the things you do right this second will shape you into who you are in say, 5 years time. All those mistakes, bad friendships, arguments and heartbreak are lessons you need to learn from, not getting yourself into a state over now. It's really not worth it and we all need to remember that. I'm being a hypocrite I know but this post is kinda written for myself (as well as anyone else in this sticky situation, I know how hard it is to get out of)! Keep your past in the past and everything will be a lot brighter, I'm not saying it's easy because god I know it isn't but if you want to be happy and grow as a person then do you really have another choice?

So if you're reading this and thinking "yes that's me" or you're finding yourself sitting there nodding along and agreeing with what you're reading, then just think to yourself 'what's the point?' Is it worth sacrificing your happiness and your future just because you like holding on? Is it worth being stuck in the same old rut and being scared of everyone and everything just because of your past? It's okay to have regrets, I mean every person on this planet does, but just don't let them stop you from living your life any longer, otherwise that itself will become a regret you'll have one day and you'll be stuck in the same old cycle. Let yourself grow and just let go.

Sorry it's been so long since my last post, I've had some major personal issues and I've also been super busy! I went to London for Summer In The City a few weeks ago which was incredible, every year it's always an experience I would never change for the world and it's been the best weekend of this entire year so far. After how awful the past 2 months have been for me it was great to have a break, see my old youtube friends and get back to the old life which I've neglected so much this year! It made me realise a lot of things and there will be a post up soon about my mindset after that and what it made me realise, so look forward to that when I've finished writing it! I know i'm not uploading regularly but I'd prefer to upload content I've worked on a few times a month than boring half assed content a few times a week :)

Isabelle
xxx

6 comments

  1. Great article Isabelle and beautifully written too!

    Lots of love from Mollie xxx | http://wwwtheperksofmolliequirk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clinging on to the past is one of my worst habits too, so I relate to this so much! Thank you for sharing, I really needed to read something like this. I'm glad you enjoyed your break and I hope the next few months are much better for you, lots of love! xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it, and thank you so much gorgeous! xx

      Delete
  3. It's actually my birthday tomorrow and I'm turning 16, kind of terrified and wish I was still a kid... I guess I just need to look forward to the future!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand where you're coming from, I turn 21 next year and oh my gosh I am dreading it haha! Way too scared to say goodbye to my teenage years! xx

      Delete