Secret Gig!

Thursday 5 September 2013

On Saturday I saw one of my favourite youtubers Emma Blackery tweeting that she would be doing a secret gig on Monday for a video she'll be uploading soon, and that you had to email in and a selected few would get a ticket. if you got in you'd get an email back with where and when the gig was and etc. I, luckily, managed to get a ticket and, well, ended up going!


I went to Jubilee Gardens with my friend Cerys before the gig.


Emmas name on the board


With Lizzie and Sharisha

Me and Emma

I got my friend Ewalyn a signature and a voicemail from Emma

Now I didn't actually expect to meet Emma, let alone talk to her for as long as we did, which was about 15 minutes. We spoke about the gig and how her name was up on the board, how far we'd come to be there and my obsession with Monster and how to get over it. We had 2 group hugs and one individual one, so 3 sets of hugs occurred in that amount of time, not complaining because I love hugs! She's such a lovely and naturally funny person. She doesn't try to be funny, she just naturally is. She's also an amazing performer in both her humour and her amazing voice. I'm seeing her again on 21st September and I cannot wait. This is the second time I've met her but only the first time I've seen her perform, so I'm really looking forward to it!

I have a college induction tomorrow and I'm mega nervous. It's not my closest college so I'll barely know anyone, and the idea of turning up on my own is pretty scary, but I'll update you on how that goes soon!
Amy
xxx

2 comments

  1. Ahh, you're so lucky to have met her twice and seen her play live... Just... incredibly jealous right now... and very happy for you :) May I ask which songs did she play? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huge girl crush, I absolutely love her! She only played Go the distance, Lies and Promise as that's all she needed to film and it was in a pub so! Short but very intimate and sweet xx

      Delete